The worldwide mobile enterprise security software market spans across six market segments: mobile threat management (MTM), mobile information protection and control (MIPC), mobile gateway and access protection (MGAP), mobile security and vulnerability management (MSVM), mobile identity and access management (MIAM), and emerging security solutions that are not already captured within existing markets.
- The worldwide enterprise security software market will grow from $1.76 billion in 2015 to $3.21 billion in 2020, representing a CAGR of 12.7%.
- The largest submarket, mobile security and vulnerability management, continues to be the fastest-growing market. Meanwhile, mobile identity and access management is also experiencing significant growth with a CAGR of 13.6% through 2020.
“Mobility and BYOD, in particular, are core initiatives for enterprises moving to the 3rd Platform,” says Phil Hochmuth, program director, Enterprise Mobility at IDC. “However, enterprise mobility technology deployed without security will do more harm than good regarding an organization’s 3rd Platform aspirations. To that end, any enterprise mobility initiative must start with a mobile security technology plan.”
Drivers and Inhibitors
- The Number of Mobile Worker Populations Will Continue to Rise, Fueling Growth in BYOD and Corporate-Liable Smartphones and Tablets
- Vulnerabilities in Mobile Operating Systems and Mobile Applications Will Drive More Adoption of Endpoint Mobile Threat Prevention Technologies
- Significant Increase in Internet of Things Devices
- Built-In, Not Bolted On